Monday, August 16, 2010

Consistency--one of many traits I don't have

So, I like to write.  I like to talk.  I like to tell stories.  About those things I am fairly consistent.  In terms of liking them at least.  And I'm fairly consistent about telling stories & talking.

What I'm not consistent about is writing.  I enjoy it.  I start to do it.  At one point, I was an avid journaler.  That point is not now.  Now, I think about all the things I could be journaling, or blogging, but things rarely get past that thinking stage. 

I'm inspired by the blogs I enjoy reading.  I laugh and think harder and find the similarities between the posts I enjoy and my own strange world.  See, these are the kinds of things I should put in the links section--so others can see the kinds of things I enjoy and see if they might enjoy it too.  But that would require that there be something here that would draw people to it, and since this blog has been in existence for years without a single post, I'm not really holding my breath that such a thing would happen.

So, the 2.5 people who stumble across this randomly--this is it.  I don't have much hope that I might actually get any of the 15 or so potential entries fleshed out enough to publish.  I might, which would be a surprise to just about every one.

But suffice to say that I like to write, and I think about doing it, and I've got lots of ideas that would be fun to write, but when God was handing out things like determination, follow through and ambition, as far as I can tell I was off asking for extra helpings of "ability to accessorize" and "skill with make-up."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...