Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Made up make up

So, I've been thinking about what to do with my ever growing yet increasingly neglected cosmetics collection. Then Ginger posted her beauty goals, and so I'm doing the same. Making a list of house stuff has led to us getting new towels & soon an actual bed skirt. Maybe doing that with beauty stuff will help too.

1. Wear make up. OK. It sounds simple, but I rarely leave myself the time to put on  makeup. Between toddler wrangling, baby whispering, housekeeping, and the swiftly expanding list of kdramas I NEEEEEED to watch, eye-shadow & blush are falling off the radar.

2. Blush. I have some that I like but my naturally pink face means I rarely wear it. It seems silly to cover the pink with foundation just to re-pink it with blush. I don't have highlight/contouring skills, so blush is just something to add a "healthy glow." Anyway, I put some of my pretty MAC blush from the Disney Villains collection. It's Maleficent & the cookie is canned Briar Rose. I don't have pictures, but all day I was quite pleased with my reflection. So now I want to figure out how to wear all my blush.

3. Highlighting & Contouring. It's all the rage on Pintertest. When I got a MAC makeover a few years ago, I remember being stunned at how they changed the shape of my jaw & gave me cheekbones with just make up. It's nothing new, but I want to learn how to do it on my own face.

4. Good skin care. I have a Clarisonic Mia (it's purple) & my skin really seems to like being cleaned with oil. I've been pregnant/nursing for almost 3 years, so I'm not really sure what my skin is really like, but I'm (hopefully) going to be nursing most of this year too, so best to take care of this version of my skin.

5. Neutrals. I want to learn to use the pretty nude palettes I bought, like Naked3 & some Benefit stuff. Natural eye-shadow isn't what I'm used to or good at. But with blush, I think natural might be a good direction.

I think that's a good start.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...