Monday, May 16, 2011

Medium Red + Dark Blonde = Brown?!?

Before…


My somewhat natural hair color. There had been highlights and then the removal of highlights, so it’s not 100% un-dyed hair, but it’s as close to the color that grows out of my head as could be achieved when going back to one-color from two-color hair…

After:
I decided that I wanted to try being a brunette for the fall. So, I used this:

and got this:



Hooray! Dark, chocolaty brown. Just want I wanted…

For the fall & winter.

Come spring, I wanted my hair back. I had purchased some fun fake hair to match my natural color and wanted to wear it…

So, I used this:

which I have used multiple times before to get my hair back to it's "natural" color.
I hoped to get back to this:



Because my ideal hair looks like this:



That was not the result… NOT AT ALL…

This was…



Which isn’t bad, it’s just not what I wanted… and all the colors are messed up in the pictures, so you can’t really see that it’s not even red in real life, it’s brown.  This picture makes it look like it actually came out the color that was on the box, and that would have been fine by me.  The camera is trying to fool you into thinking that my hair is actually the color I want it to be, but if you knew me in real life, you could see that it’s definitely browner than red and nothing like what's on the box at all, except in this picture taken with a cell phone in fluorescent office lighting.... I don’t want brown hair anymore! I want my red hair back. Like this…



Those were the days man… I traveled, backpacked around Europe*, had the world at my feet and everyone wrapped around my little finger… *long suffering sigh of melodrama*

I guess it’s back to the salon…



*I was actually in a backpack, but it counts. There are stamps on my passport to prove it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...