Thursday, April 28, 2011

Really?! Honestly?! (or the overuse of an interrobang)

interrobang... just for the record, you know...

Anyway, on to the things that make me raise my eyebrows in stunned disbelief of what my eyes are very plainly telling me is true:
This is a spider.  This is a spider in my house.  This is a spider in my kitchen trying to kill me when I clean the cat boxes.  Ok, the last sentence may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I did find this... lovely...creature lurking beneath the cat boxes, just waiting to jump out and cause me to flail myself onto one of the many sharp objects in that very same kitchen.  What is it with the arachnids of late!? Why can I only see 7 of its legs--a fact that I didn't notice when I ran screaming, like the ninny I am, from the spider to go fetch my camera and take pictures of it before I eventually squished it... because I'm cruel and vicious where these critters are concerned.  Anyway, I didn't notice it's disturbing lack of a leg until just now... which reminds me that the only evidence I have that I did any harm to the first spider this year who tried to kill me was a long dangling leg left upon my car's window... thingy. Is this spider a messenger?!  It's not the same spider, because that spider was little and grey and this one is large and black and brown and even ookier despite it's lack of the tell-tale arachnid leg #8... But I am still haunted by that day!  This spider brings a message of woe and distruction!  He/She is trying to warn me that the arachnid community is out to get me... you remember the one in my Sun Chips?  That was probably a message from some strange spider mafia too...

On a completely un-related note--
I own the majority of the clothes in this household.  I have categorically more clothes than my husband.  So why is it that every load of laundry that comes out of the washer/dryer is 85% his clothes!?  The math just doesn't add up.  Eventually, there should be many many loads of laundry comprised solely of my clothes, and yet that never seems to happen.  I fish through every basket, looking for things to cover my nudity and am constantly surprised at the lack of suitable things for me to wear.  And why is my closet not empty by now!?  I'm not going out and buying new clothes every week.  Is my closet some mysterious cornucopia of clothes that I don't really like so it always looks full no matter how much I wear or take out, try on, then throw in the dirty hamper, or on the bed, or on the dresser!?  It sounds like a good deal, but it just means the unlimited ability to create laundry that doesn't seem to get washed...

Ok, so that's what I've got right now... spiders & laundry...
really?!
honestly?!?
Have you lost your mind, world?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...