Friday, September 30, 2011

The Accent Vlog



So, I saw this whatsit on Sarah Lena's blog, then on A'Dell's blog, and because I'm a joiner, I decided to do one too.

BE WARNED!! It ends rather abruptly at 5 minutes, because that's when I stopped talking about the actual real topic/assignment/whatsit--then I got all tangential and start rambling about Faire & our honeymoon... which has nothing to do with the actual assignment, so I cut those 2 minutes off the end, because they were totally superfluous. Anyway, the ending is not elegant, but it's better than the actual ending, where I burp. True story.

Also, I got sort of dressed up for this video. I'm wearing two shades of purple (one is much deeper than the other) and a necklace! oooohhhhh! Also, my fake hair, because my real hair was completely uncooperative.

So I ramble, and look around a lot, so you see quite a bit of the whites of my eyes... eye-contact is not m strong suit when talking to... a computer...

Also, I recorded this with J's Playbook, and I turned it sideways so you could see the top of my head & the fact that I was wearing clothes AT THE SAME TIME, so that's why it's all... funky...

Also, yeah... sadly, that screen shot there? That's EXACTLY what I look like. Some days I have bangs, when my hair is being cooperative.




Instructions:

1) Say some words: Aunt, route, wash, oil, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught

2) Answer some questions:

What's it called when you throw toilet paper on house?
What is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What do you use to change the channels on the tv?



4 comments:

Mad Pat said...

Classic I say Classic

Jessica said...

Weird - to me it sounds like you have a Minnesota/North Dakota accent. Your "o"s are long. Maybe from your time on Nebraska?

Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

I love love love how animated you are. :)

LE Bean said...

@Jessica-- I can hear what you mean when I say "soda" and when I mock my husband ordering Coca Cola. I don't know where that comes from other than ephmasis?

@Tara-- my friends call this affliction "muppet face"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...