Monday, November 4, 2013

Not to be trusted

Forget the Eye of Sauron, what should really strike fear into the heart of the stout and the brave is Target.

Oh don't give me that look. You know what I mean.

"I just need undershirts for the husband." she said.
"And shoes for the baby."
"And maybe some half-price leftover Halloween candy."
"And this would be a great nursing nightgown."
"Oh, might as well look for some Crappy Day Presents while I'm here."
"Hey, look, 70% off clearance rack!"
"What a beautiful crock pot..."

And before you know it, your cart is full, your bank account is empty and you have no where to put all the stinking adorable shoes you bought. ON CLEARANCE.
 But it's a good thing I bought shoes, because we sacrificed a shoe to the great beast with the red bullseye in order to escape without adding a new purse, a sweater dress, a hooded Batman onesie (with Bat-belt detail) (in adult size), and some striped union suit pajamas.
 But look at these RIDICULOUS shoes. High-top Converse!! Pink & purple with sparkly laces!! And they zip up the inside, because NO WAY am I strapping Eleanor into lace-up high tops on a daily basis. Zippers we can manage. Seriously, if they'd had these shoes in my size I'd be wearing them from now until they fell apart.

4 comments:

Beylit said...

Most awesome shoes ever!!

Swistle said...

I have to get those shoes for my niece. HAVE TO.

Elsha said...

Every time I get home from Target Brian says something like, "What do you DO there for so long?" and I say something like, "Uh, look at everything in the store. Duh."

Erica said...

The last time I was at Target I bought some BOYS SHOES for myself for $6.88 and I am so inordinately pleased with myself every time I put them on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...