Sunday, January 26, 2014

Impressionist

I've always wanted to do one of those wine & painting things. THere's one in my town, about 2 miles from my house. We've lived here for 3 years & I've never gotten around to it. Thankfully, my sister B is awesome and kickstarts things. She invited me to do one where we would attempt to recreate a Monet-ish waterlilly thing. This is what I started with. Blank canvas with some circles. Intimidating.


This is what it was supposed to look like at the end:


We were given aprons, two brushes & 4 colors of paint: red, blue, yellow & white. We mixed our own colors, so there's built-in instant individuallity even if all of our brushstrokes were the same. It was neat to learn a little more about color theory as we mixed up stuff.
Here's my finished product. Not too shabby.
 And seriously, it was a blast! There was Pandora-style radio station playing, and it was a bit like karaoke Russian roulette. Only with no bullets, because I knew all the songs. So that was fun. I didn't bring a bottle of wine (only because I didn't have one handy that I felt like opening) so I was super classy and had Jack & coke. Woot. It was nice to chat & catch up with B, and then, because of the SUPERB location of Let's Art Party, we walked next door and had delicious Austrian food at Jorg's, where I got this teeny tiny beer. Adorable & delicious.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never done one of these officially, but back in the days before babies, I hosted a couple Wine and Painting evenings and it was REALLY FUN. I want to do that again at some point, but, uh, most of my buddies have moved away and the rest of us have kids running around like insane monkeys. Maybe we'll get a store like this one someday. Your painting looks awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...