Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The last day of JULY!

So, I decided to go out with a bang. I saw this on Pinterest, and though the watermark leads to an unfindable blog (bowsandartsays.blogspot.com?), I still decided to brave it and attempt to recreate this. Yes, because I'm crazy, or bored, or just want to put to use all the colors I own at once.

Now, prepare yourself, because I took a lot of pictures. The basic process was: put on primer, then a little bit of each color, not trying to keep it in a tiny line. Once I had all the colors, I went back with makeup remover to clean up everything, trying to get the nice, neat, crisp little line pictured there. Then I messed it all up putting liquid/gel liner on my way-too-crinkly eyelids, used more makeup remover, then concealer and nude shadow with a contrast in the crease, mascara and forgot all about the white on the lower waterline and glitter. How could I forget glitter?!? 
My favorite primer in the whole wide world
that I found because of Brightest Bulb in the Box

ridiculously cheap Love My Lips red
 lipstick, to make the red redder
Sephora's Cherry on Top,
matte red
And so it begins

Milani blush/bronzer duo that
I use as eyeshadow,
because neither of those colors
belong anywhere
other than my eyeids
There really are 2 colors there
















I really needed access to my friend
Kathleen's makeup for this.
My yellow isn't very yellowy
(top right). More gold-ish.
Getting the yellow to show up
was hard, so I used the NYX milk
pencil under it for added oomph. T
hat's oomph. Not very oomphy

I'm running out of eyelid. Also,
too much light. Sorry.
I've always been quite pleased with
this little duo, even if I don't wear
poison green eyeshadow often. 
Cream eyeliner 
Finally looks like a rainbow


For an inexpensive palette, I love
this thing. The colors are pretty rich
and with primer, they last all day





ROYGBP



Next step: makeup remover, applied very carefully with a q-tip and toilet paper (not pictured).
Not quite as thin or crisp
 as I'd hoped
Story of my life

Then I ruined everything with this eyeliner: 

I got it all over my lashes, which created quite a mess. There was more touch-ups and reapplying and touching up and then re-re-applying and then I put on Kat Von D's tattoo cover-up concealer, MAC's Yogurt eyeshadow (which is as close to my skin color as I've yet to find), some Clinique blush in Mocha Pink as a contour, Tarte mascara, my Urban Decay brow box powders and called it good.











Then I went to the grocery store. Because why the heck not?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm not usually one for bright and dramatic make up, but I think I want to wear this every single day forever and ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...